Barbara Edelman is a GLOBAL Director of Design, Product Development, Sourcing and Merchandising who ensures product aesthetic, quality, and costs are consistent with Brand Image and target customers while maintaining financial performance across multiple product categories.
Born in Brooklyn NY and raised in the New York area, she completed her MA at New York University.
Her expertise spans over two dozen product categories from Women's and Men's Apparel, Accessories, Leather and Soft Home Decor.
Always thinking about the customer, she is always searching for newness, combining classic style and trend with a commercial flare. She is a diehard enthusiast, never taking no for an answer and always looking for the solution. She is team player as well as pioneer.
In 2011, Barbara joined "The Seamless Solution", Inc., to provide high level design, consulting, sourcing, sampling and on time quality production for many name brand fashion and home decor companies. TSS brought her wealth of experience to a variety of clientele, and expanded her already extensive capabilities to include sourcing, production, marketing and sales.
Additionally, Barbara has created her own artesian tee shirt line called "5eGear" which you can find for sale on Facebook.
• Senior Level Global Executive with over 25 years of experience in Women's & Men’s Fashion & Accessories, Denim, Leather and Home Furnishings, across multiple product classifications, through direct manufacturing, private label global sourcing, and retail partnerships.
• Entrepreneurial drive, strong leadership and ability to communicate effectively with creatives, executives, business colleagues, and overseas partners, with outstanding relationship building and project management.
• Action-oriented with superior organizational, presentation, prioritization, verbal and written communication skills.
• Takes ownership of company wide initiatives, leads teams in fulfilling creative, organizational, budgeted & time sensitive goals and create strategic succession plans.
• Ever evolving skill-sets, intuitive problem solver, thinks outside of the box, can identify value in unexpected places & articulate new ideas to evolve business, creates a working environment that supports talent.
• A recognized leader in merchandise management, product development, sourcing worldwide and brand building for globally distributed, Omni-channel fashion brands.
• Possesses a high taste level that can be articulated and executed to meet all price points from moderate to better.
• Fast-paced, strategic, and self-driven Creative Director with extensive experience in design, product development & management, sourcing, merchandising, selling, budgeting, cost analysis, forecasting, emerging trends, consumer needs and brand development.
• Innovative leader with proven track record of growing revenue by strategically planning for high level performance, developing and growing client relationships, and motivating, inspiring, and establishing collaborative sales and design teams both domestically and internationally.